"Lilith: Demoness or Heroine?" with Alicia Jo Rabins
JWA is thrilled to be partnering with Alicia Jo Rabins, writer, composer, performer, and Jewish educator, to present her new curriculum based on her song cycle about Biblical women, Girls in Trouble. During this online learning program, Alicia introduces the curriculum, and focuses specifically on her lesson about Lilith. “Lilith: Demoness or Heroine?” explores this little-known and often feared character, and asks us to consider how her story reflects changing perspectives on powerful women. Alicia leads participants through some of the activities featured in the lesson, and, in addition, plays and sings her song about Lilith, live!
- Find condensed versions of the Girls in Trouble lessons on jwa.org.
- Visit the Girls in Trouble website to download expanded versions of these lessons, including rabbinic commentaries and visual art, and to hear more songs about biblical women!
- Learn more about Alicia Jo and her work by visiting her website.
- Enrich your teaching of Lilith with this Go and Learn lesson plan from jwa.org.
- Check out JWA's encyclopedia article about Lilith to deepen your knowledge of her.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. ""Lilith: Demoness or Heroine?" with Alicia Jo Rabins." (Viewed on December 13, 2017) <https://jwa.org/teach/profdev/webinars/2017/lilith-demoness-or-heroine>.