Welcome to the Jewish Women’s Archive!
Mission: The Jewish Women’s Archive documents Jewish women’s stories, elevates their voices, and inspires them to be agents of change.
The Jewish Women’s Archive is a national organization dedicated to collecting and promoting the extraordinary stories of Jewish women. JWA explores the past as a framework for understanding the issues important to women today; inspires young people with remarkable role models; and uses Jewish women’s stories to excite people to see themselves as agents of change.
This website is the world’s largest collection of information on Jewish women, and draws more than 1.5 million visitors a year seeking information, inspiration, community, and a sense of identity. We hope you enjoy exploring the thousands of stories of inspiring women here! JWA also hosts public programs; trains the thought leaders of tomorrow through the Rising Voices Fellowship; sparks conversation with its blog, podcast, and social media presence; and is a leading voice in feminist and Jewish spheres.
Join us! There are many ways to get involved with JWA, including:
- Subscribing to JWA’s podcast, “Can We Talk?”
- Reading with the JWA Book Club
- Following “Jewish Women, Amplified,” JWA’s popular blog on feminism, history makers, and current events
- Teaching using JWA’s original curricula and resources for a variety of educational settings
- Creating a tribute for a special woman in your life (and adding her to the archive) with We Celebrate
- Finding unique merchandise, including the “Feminist History-Makers” series, in the JWA Shop
- Making a donation to support a resource and community like no other
“The Jewish Women’s Archive (JWA) stands alone in pushing forward an agenda of inclusion of women in Jewish history. ... JWA has changed the conversation in the North American Jewish community to be more inclusive of all its members, working to ensure that no child ever receives an education that leaves out half of the story.”
—2013-14 Slingshot Supplement on Women & Girls
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Welcome to the Jewish Women’s Archive!." (Viewed on August 15, 2018) <https://jwa.org/aboutjwa>.