Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Put yourself at the intersection of history, feminism, Judaism, and social change. Help lead a dynamic team at a nonprofit working to strengthen women’s voices and impact.
The Jewish Women's Archive (JWA) is a national organization devoted to collecting and promoting the stories and voices of Jewish women, to ensure a more accurate historical narrative and a more inclusive future. Founded in 1996 as an innovative online archive, JWA has become the world's largest source of information on Jewish women and has built a wide range of online and public programs that provide education and insight to spark conversation and change. With expanding programs, new investment in organizational capacity, dedication to diversity, and a lively presence in feminist, Jewish, and historical spheres, this is an exciting moment to join JWA.
Reporting to the Chief Communications and Development Officer, the Marketing Manager develops and executes marketing strategies to inform and inspire JWA’s growing global audience. The Marketing Manager works closely with the communications team to ensure a successful, integrated marketing plan that reflects the organization’s mission and vision. The ideal candidate has significant experience in digital marketing and analytics, graphic design, and writing. JWA is seeking someone who is a creative and strategic thinker, an excellent communicator, and is passionate about promoting an inclusive space for Jewish women’s voices. JWA’s audience has grown by more than 30 percent in the past year. The Marketing Manager will design and implement strategies for both deepening engagement with new contacts and continuing list growth. As we mark JWA’s 25th anniversary in 2021, the Marketing Manager will play an important role in plans for celebrating JWA’s history and vision for the future.
Remote applicants will be considered for this role.
- Oversee JWA’s brand identity across all marketing platforms
- Write and edit copy for marketing materials
- Develop and direct email campaigns and manage contact lists using Constant Contact
- Analyze data from marketing platforms to optimize performance
- Market virtual events, including promotion, registration, and follow up
- Produce assets such as promotional videos, graphics, and advertisements
- Manage production of development collateral such as appeals, annual reports, postcards, and brochures
- Ensure marketing strategies and website content are in line with industry best practices
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, education, or equivalent coursework
- Experience working with website CMS and digital marketing platforms
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Familiarity with search engine optimization and other website best practices
- Eye for graphic design and competence working with graphic design tools
- Superb editing and writing skills
- Commitment to mission of the Jewish Women's Archive
Personal Qualities and Mindset
- You are a strategic thinker. You keep the big picture in mind. You are practiced at defining priorities and setting goals to help advance the organization as a whole.
- You are a systems thinker. You love distilling strategies into processes and analyzing results to inform future decisions.
- You are an explicit communicator. You are clear and transparent, ask questions, communicate effectively, and avoid making assumptions.
- You are detail oriented. You understand the significance of small steps that work toward a larger goal. You are a problem solver who tracks progress through completion.
- You are creative and innovative. You think outside the box and share new ideas or approaches. You aren’t afraid to experiment and to learn from the process.
- You are a multi-tasker. You are able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities with equanimity.
- You are open-minded You learn by listening, doing, and sharing. You welcome new information and unfamiliar ways of thinking and being.
- You are kind and generous. You recognize being a part of a larger team and the value of your coworkers. You share ideas, welcome feedback, offer assistance, and ask for help.
- You have a positive attitude and sense of humor. You take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously. You know when to laugh at and learn from mistakes.
The salary for this position is $50,000–$55,000, commensurate with experience. This full-time position is eligible for a generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, paid parental leave, 403(b) contribution, FSA, and QTA.
The office is located in Brookline, MA. Remote applicants will be considered. JWA is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, and disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to https://jwa.org/aboutjwa/jobs/apply.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Career and Volunteer Opportunities." (Viewed on April 20, 2021) <https://jwa.org/aboutjwa/jobs>.