Career and Volunteer Opportunities
A day in the life of the Jewish Women’s Archive finds smart people working together creatively and strategically to promote Jewish women’s stories and voices to a wide audience; to make connections between the past and present in order to inform the future; and to provide young women with strong, accessible role models. We seek creative thinkers who care about history, feminism, Jewish identity, and activism, and are committed to putting their ideas and passions to work for a vibrant organization with a strong mission.
Browse through this site to explore the largest online repository of information on Jewish women in the world. In addition to compiling and making this rich collection of material accessible, JWA also convenes lively conversation and engages people of all backgrounds through its Book Club, widely-read blog, strong social media presence, public programs, and more.
JWA has a small and diverse staff and is headquartered in a pleasant Brookline neighborhood with easy access to public transportation and affordable parking. Our office atmosphere is lively, friendly, and collegial. Join us!
The Jewish Women’s Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JWA is looking for a creative, motivated intern to support several aspects of the communications program, including: helping the Social Media Manager with social media content; developing content for the JWA blog, Jewish Women, Amplified; researching and acquiring permissions for photo usage; and helping edit and promote other website content. The ideal candidate will be flexible, take initiative, and be willing to do a variety of communications and marketing tasks. Start date is flexible. This is an unpaid position.
- Help edit new content for JWA’s website
- Research and identify photos to accompany existing and new online content; request and attain usage permission
- Support JWA’s book club
- Send inquiries/outreach about cross-posting with other blogs
- Write and/or edit blog posts as assigned
- Help update JWA’s social media platforms
- Compile weekly social-media analytics
- Help send out organizational e-communications, as needed
- Research media contacts for JWA press list and communication partners for sharing JWA content
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with blogs and with blogging conventions; prior blogging experience a plus
- Knowledge of/interest in issues relevant to Jewish women and feminism
- Interest in writing, journalism, digital content, or marketing and communications
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to answer to different staff members and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Close attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Gain unique insight into the inner workings of a nationally recognized non-profit
- Gain increased understanding of and experience with nonprofit communications, social media, and blogging
- Connect to an influential network of professional women and community partners
- Receive professional guidance and mentoring from JWA’s staff
- Build marketable professional skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please include the following on JWA’s job application page, and make sure to specify which internship you are applying for:
- Current résumé
- Cover letter with at least one professional (non-academic) reference
- 2 samples of (or links to) your writing. No more than one piece should be academic writing.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Career and Volunteer Opportunities." (Viewed on April 23, 2018) <https://jwa.org/aboutjwa/jobs>.