Twersky Winner Tells All with Rabbi Deborah Bodin Cohen
Learn about the history of Confirmation through incredible letters and photographs with 2014 Twersky Award Winner Rabbi Deborah Bodin Cohen of Potomac, MD. Participate in some of the activities from her award-winning lesson and learn more about JWA’s Twersky Award.
Session Materials and Handouts
Featured Lesson Plan and Resources
- Debbie's lesson plan, “Confirmation: Joining the Legacy”
- Background information on the history of the Confirmation ritual from MyJewishLearning.com
- Henrietta Szold exhibit in JWA's Women of Valor collection
Additional Education Materials about Coming of Age and Ritual from JWA
Continue your exploration of Jewish rituals and traditions with any of the following Go & Learn guides. Each includes three lesson plans—one for youth, one for family education, and one for adult learning groups.
- Taking Risks, Making Change: Bat Mitzvah and Other Evolving Traditions
- Tefillin Barbie: Considering Gender and Ritual Garb
- Wrestling with God and Jewish Tradition
More about the Natalia Twersky Educator Award
The Natalia Twersky Educator Award honors and celebrates inspiring educators who use primary sources to integrate the stories of Jewish women into their teaching. Eligible applicants may apply for the award or be nominated by a supervisor, colleague, student, parent, or community member.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Twersky Winner Tells All with Rabbi Deborah Bodin Cohen." (Viewed on September 20, 2021) <https://jwa.org/teach/profdev/webinars/2015/twerskydeborah>.