In the fewer than 50 years since the first woman became ordained as a rabbi on American soil, women have transformed the rabbinate, along with Jewish life and communities across the globe. Add your voice to the collection of stories about the challenges and blessings, trials and triumphs, of being a woman rabbi today.
(Note: Submitting a story here does not ensure inclusion in JWA's Women Rabbis exhibit.)
- What inspired you to become a rabbi?
- Can you describe a specific instance where your gender helped or hampered you as a rabbi?
- How do you think women rabbis are transforming Judaism and Jewish life?
- What piece of Torah or other Jewish wisdom has inspired you on your career path?
- Is there anything you’d like to tell young women (and men) who are considering becoming rabbis?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Women Rabbis." (Viewed on August 2, 2021) <https://jwa.org/stories/womenrabbis>.