Jewish women have long led the field of Jewish education as teachers, administrators, and school directors, but their stories and contributions are not always documented or recognized. It’s a unique experience to be a woman working in a majority female field, and JWA wants to capture the triumphs, struggles, and stories of the women who play a key role in shaping Jewish education and educating generations of Jews. Share your story using the text box below, or upload an audio file. If you’d like, you can use the following prompts to guide your response.
- What led you to the field of Jewish education?
- What do you find most rewarding about your work? Most challenging?
- What do you feel are the benefits of being a woman working in a majority female field? Any challenges or drawbacks to this?
- Discuss the relationship between your role as a Jewish educator and your Jewish identity.
- Share a story about a particularly rewarding or challenging moment in your career.
- Share a story that you feel encapsulates your experience as a Jewish educator.
- Who are your role models? Who has shaped you as a Jewish educator?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "We Educate." (Viewed on August 19, 2019) <https://jwa.org/stories/weeducate>.