- Ask students to recall what was discussed in Part 1
- Show selected Ruth Gruber photos to the students (photo 5-17 in “Document Studies”)
- Discuss: What story do you see in the pictures? What emotions do the pictures elicit? What may have been the purpose of taking these pictures? Which picture has the most powerful effect on you?
- Direct students’ attention to the short bio of Ruth Gruber, and also have them look at photo 2.
- Discuss: What can you tell about Gruber from the biographical facts and the picture?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Part 2." (Viewed on November 18, 2019) <https://jwa.org/node/25272>.