- Ask students to browse magazines and decipher what messages they send about how girls should look, treat themselves, and act.
- Discuss. What does the magazine depict about beauty and worth?
- Instruct them to select two images from the magazines that stand out and deconstruct them.
- Students should share their images with the group.
- Discuss. What different components did everyone notice about what a valorous, beautiful, ideal woman or girl is like, according to the magazines?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Part 2." (Viewed on August 1, 2021) <https://jwa.org/node/23707>.