Your Voting Story
This year—2020—marks the centennial of the 19th Amendment’s ratification and millions of women gaining the right to vote, even as many others were excluded from the franchise. It is also the year of a momentous presidential election in which gender and identity will play a major role. We invite you to reflect on the significance of women’s voting in the past, present, and future using the following prompts:
- Describe your first voting experience.
- What was the most meaningful or passionate vote you ever cast, and why?
- What is your first memory of political engagement? How has your political engagement changed over the course of your life?
- Do you know of any meaningful voting experiences in your family’s past?
- What barriers to voting do you face, if any, and how do they make you feel?
- Does your Jewish identity influence how you feel about voting? If so, how?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Your Voting Story." (Viewed on October 27, 2020) <https://jwa.org/jewishwomenvote>.