September 2, 2011
Week in review: Link Roundup
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin and Kathleen Peratis have organized a conference honoring Anita Hill and the 20th anniversary of her testimony in Senate confirmation hearings for her former boss, Justice Clarence Thomas. [Sisterhood]
- "Heberw Mamita" Vanessa Hidary is releasing her first book, The Last Kaiser Roll in the Bodega, a memoir anthology "that paints a word picture of a bold Jewish woman ahead of her time." [The Arty Semite]
- When one of her daughters became ill from the stress of keeping up with her homework, Vicki Abeles transformed into a first-time documentary filmmaker and nationally recognized advocate of education reform. [Jewish Woman International]
- Thanks to Jewish reality TV star Bethenny Frankel's success selling "Skinny Girl" cocktails, we now have "Chick beer," the beer for chicks. Guess what color the packaging is. [Feministing]
- The latest Annie Liebovitz photo shoot featuring the Kardashian sisters looks like someone went a little overboard with photoshop. [Jezebel]
- Aliza Hausman, a first-generation Dominican-American Latina and Orthodox Jewish convert, blogs about Mexican Jewish food. Yum! [Memoirs of a Jewminicana]
- Danielle Berrin argues that the new crew of Jewish actresses are overturning old tropes and changing the image of Jewish women in Hollywood. [Jewish Journal]
- Wait, some people think that fundamentalist Christian Michelle Bachmann is Jewish? Really? [New York Post]
Subscribe to Jewish Women, Amplified and get notifications sent to your email.
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "Week in review: Link Roundup." 2 September 2011. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on July 23, 2017) <https://jwa.org/blog/week-in-review-link-roundup>.