Summer internship opportunities at JWA
Do you know someone looking for an engaging internship experience this summer? The Jewish Women's Archive has openings for several unpaid interns, 10–20 hours per week, beginning June 13, 2011 for both undergraduates and graduates. Academic year positions may also be available.
JWA interns will have the opportunity to work on a number of different projects:
- Working with Executive Director to create an archival record of JWA's 15-year history.
- Reviewing oral history transcripts to create metadata and add places mentioned to "On the Map."
- Reviewing entries in online Encyclopedia and Women of Valor exhibit for places to add to "On the Map."
- Helping create profiles of "Cool Jewish Women" for the MyBatMitzvahStory website (currently under development).
- Helping locate photographs and primary sources for the Living the Legacy curriculum on the role of Jews in the labor movement.
- Assisting Annual Fund Associate with prospect research and data entry.
JWA interns are fully integrated into the collaborative work environment at our office in Brookline, MA. (Filing is not part of the job description.) Those with interests in history, Jewish feminism, archival and library sciences, social justice, and education are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to apply, or pass this along to someone who may be interested.
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "Summer internship opportunities at JWA." 19 May 2011. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on September 21, 2017) <https://jwa.org/blog/summer-internship-opportunities-at-jwa>.