January 6, 2011
New Year, New Links
- "The Year in Jewish Sports" article does not mention a single Jewish woman athlete from 2010. [NJJN] I remember the Olympic debut of Laura Spector in 2010. Can you think of any others?
- A feel-good list of "Feminist Wins in 2010" is up at [Feministing]
- Jewcy Interviews: Myla Goldberg, author of Bee Season, about her latest novel The False Friend. [Jewcy]
- Is PMS real? Liz Lawler doesn't think so. [Lilith]
- Will Loren Galler Rabinowitz be the next Miss America? [Sisterhood]
- The woman who served as inspiration for "Rosie the Riveter" recently passed away. Jessica Valenti disucsses her legacy as an icon of the feminist movement. [Guardian]
- Daena Title recently drowned Barbie in her backyard pool. I wonder what Ruth Mosko Handler (Barbie's creator) would think of her "Drown the Dolls" body image project? [Ms.]
- The gossip-mill is churning over the personal lives of three of our most famous Jewesses: Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johannson, and Rachel Weisz. Yo Yenta has the dish. [YoYenta]
- How do we feel about a calendar of Jewish frat boys? [JTA]
- Q&A: Top Chef Nikki Cascone on Global Jewish Cuisine and Her New Restaurant [Jew and the Carrot]
- Eleven year-old Abby Hofstetter raised nearly $9,000 for a soup kitchen in just two weeks using the power of crowdsourcing [Sisterhood]
- According to the LA Times, the new female Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor are not afraid to speak up! [Jezebel]
- You don't want to miss this short film (English subtitles) by Shelly Kling-Yosef. [Via Truth, Praise & Help]
Subscribe to Jewish Women, Amplified and get notifications sent to your email.
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "New Year, New Links." 6 January 2011. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on January 19, 2018) <https://jwa.org/blog/new-year-new-links>.