Link Roundup: Happy Hanukkah and other things
- We're collecting Hanukkah songs by Jewish women right [Jewesses with Attitude]
- We made a video celebrating Judiths for Hanukkah. For more on the subject, check out Lilith Magazine's excellent article: "Jewish Judys and Judiths"[Lilith]
- A Feminist Guide to Hanukkah [Cannonball]
- Minnesota Mamaleh discusses what it means to be a "Hanukkah Mom" [TCJewfolk]
- You might want to pick up some Latke-flavored soda [Truth, Praise & Help]
- Sweet and light Hanukkah recipes [Tablet]
- Some not-so-traditional latkes [Jew and the Carrot]
- Renee Ghert-Zand gets fired up about the “Light Is In The Air (More Fire)" video from Bible Raps [Truth, Praise & Help]
- Some not-so-generic Hanukkah Someecards [JSpot]
- "Crappy Chanukah" - a feminist critique of a particularly JAP-y ecard from Jib Jab [Heeb]
- Hilary Price, creator of Rhymes with Orange, is blogging Hanukkah cartoons each night of the holiday! [Rhymes with Orange]
- And don't miss the latet G-dcast!
And here's some non-Hanukkah buzz:
- Esther D. Kustanowitz asks, "Where are the opinionated Jewish women?" [eJewishPhilanthropy]
- The latest Female Factor colum in the New York Times discusses "keeping the romance alive in the age of female empowerment." As you might have predicted, this did not sit well for many of us "empowered" women. See responses from: Feministe.
- Gender equality in the Jewish workplace -- making Jewish paychecks fair [Forward]
- and to that end, Gloria Feldt writes "How Women in the Jewish Workforce Can Get Ahead — and Get a Raise" [Sisterhood blog]. Karen Loew discusses why women are reluctant to call themselves "experts" [Sisterhood blog]
- Ingrid Pitt, Holocaust survivor turned horror queen - died [Tablet]
- Jessica Valenti deconstructs Sarah Palin's leaked "New Feminism" [Jessica Valenti]
- Hella Moritz, 81, a pillar of the World Jewish Congress for over 40 years died [Forward]
- Jewunion Label celebrates Jewish moms in this cute video [Truth, Praise & Help]
Read or seen any other great Hanukkah content or interesting links? Share them in the comments!
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "Link Roundup: Happy Hanukkah and other things." 3 December 2010. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on January 22, 2017) <https://jwa.org/blog/link-roundup-happy-hanukkah>.