Want to interview a Jewish woman in your life, but not sure where to begin? Choose from this list of general questions to help you get started:
- What is the story of your name?
- What did you want to be when you grew up and why?
- What special foods and recipes do you associate with your family and family celebrations?
- How has your identity been shaped by work (paid or unpaid)?
- What role has religion and/or spirituality played in your life?
- Could you share a time in your life when being a Jewish woman was particularly meaningful or particularly challenging?
- How, if at all, has your life been shaped by your relationships and/or friendships with women?
- Have there been times when you felt especially connected to or disconnected from your body?
- Who have been your role models, and what about them do you admire? What world and national events have significantly influenced your life and how?
- Is there anything I haven't asked about that you would like to share?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "General Questions." (Viewed on October 16, 2019) <https://jwa.org/askajewishwoman>.