Apply for the Natalia Twersky Educator Award
The Natalia Twersky Educator Award honors and celebrates inspiring educators who use primary sources to integrate the stories of Jewish women into their teaching. Eligible applicants may apply for the award by Monday, June 1, 2015. The nomination period for the 2015 award has ended.
Prizes, Deadlines, and Eligibility
Prizes: $2,000 to the winning educator, plus $400 for their school or program. $500 to the finalist, plus $100 for their school or program.
Deadline: EXTENDED TO Monday, June 1, 2015.
Eligibility: Any educator working in a Jewish setting with students in grades 6–12.
All materials must be submitted through the webform.
- Complete contact and professional information.
- A current resume.
- An essay/statement of purpose responding to the following:
- Describe your interest in integrating women's history/primary sources into your teaching. How does your lesson/program embody that?
- Describe the curricular context for the lesson plan/program.
- Describe the impact of the lesson/program on your students’ learning. Please use specific examples if possible.
- An original lesson plan/program outline that illustrates the creative use of primary sources to integrate the stories of Jewish women into your teaching. Please include clear goals and complete citations for all primary sources.
- One classroom product (a handout, assignment, etc.).
- At least two examples of student work, such as document scans, photographs of projects, video of student discussion, or digital presentations.
- Whether nominated or submitting materials independently, all applicants must submit two letters of support.
- We require that one letter be from a supervisor; the second can be from a colleague, parent, or student.
- A nomination letter may count as one of the two required letters of support for nominated candidates.
- Optional: A 5 minute video or photos of students engaged in the lesson. Picture and sound quality must be clear; however, video or photos will not be evaluated on production value.
- View winning lesson plans.
- Visit our how-to pages to begin planning your lesson.
- Email Etta King, Education Program Manager, or call 617-383-6763.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Apply for the Natalia Twersky Educator Award." (Viewed on May 29, 2015) <http://jwa.org/twersky/apply>.