Apply for the Natalia Twersky Educator Award
Ready to submit your lesson plan? Congratulations! The Jewish Women's Archive is pleased to honor inspiring educators for their creativity and commitment to teaching inclusive Jewish history with its annual Natalia Twersky Educator Award. Please read the following information carefully and then submit your materials using the webform below.
Prize: $2,500 to the winning educator plus $500 for her/his school or program.
Deadline: Monday, May 12, 2014 by 11:59PST.
Eligibility: Any educator working in a Jewish setting with students in grades 6–12.
Eligible educators must design and implement an original lesson plan using primary sources to showcase the stories and voices of American Jewish women.
All materials must be submitted through the webform below, and must include the following:
- A cover letter providing the curricular context for the lesson and describing the impact of the lesson on students;
- A resume;
- The original lesson plan including citations for all primary sources used;
- Two to four examples of student work such as document scans, photographs of projects, video of student discussion, or digital presentations;
- Optional: A 30-60 minute video or photos of students engaged in the lesson. Picture and sound quality must be clear, however video or photos will not be evaluated on production value.
- View winning lesson plans
- Visit our how-to pages to begin planning your lesson
- Email Etta King, Education Program Manager, or call 617-383-6763
To receive more information about the Twersky Award, as well as updates about JWA's education and professional development programs, sign up to get our education emails and join the JWA National Educators' Network on Facebook.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Apply for the Natalia Twersky Educator Award." (Viewed on July 30, 2014) <http://jwa.org/twersky/apply>.