Jewish Women on the Map - Frances Stern Nutrition Center
The Frances Stern Nutrition Center was founded by Frances Stern in 1918 as a Food Clinic under the Boston Dispensary. The Food Clinic dispensed practical advice on diet and nutrition to its clients and studied the ways in which health intersected with nutrition, ethnicity, and economic status. The Clinic became widely recognized for excellence in nutrition education and became a training center for dieticians from all over the world. In 1943, the Clinic was renamed in Frances Stern's honor.
From the Frances Stern Nutrition Center website:
The Frances Stern Nutrition Center, established in 1918, includes the outpatient nutrition clinic and the inpatient nutrition services for Tufts Medical Center. Our practice was the first organization of its kind in the world and has served as a model for many other nutrition clinics in the US and abroad.
Learn more about Frances Stern in Jewish Women: A Comprehensive Historical Encyclopedia