Discussion Questions - "Racial Pawns in the Battle for Same-Sex Marriage"
- Who wrote this article? When was it written?
- For what audience do you think this article was meant? How might this have influenced the content?
- According to the article, many white liberal students have asked the question, "Shouldn't blacks, more than any other group, support gay rights?" What do you think is the basis for this question?
- Do you think Harris considers same-sex marriage to be a civil rights issue? What issues do you think Harris would consider to be civil rights issues?
- Why doesn't Harris think blacks need to necessarily support gay rights? What arguments does she make in her article?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Discussion Questions - "Racial Pawns in the Battle for Same-Sex Marriage"." (Viewed on February 1, 2015) <http://jwa.org/node/12019/lightbox2>.