"Negro-Jewish Relations in the North" - Discussion Questions
- Review: Who wrote this document? When was it written?
- What audience was this document written for? How might that have influenced its content and format?
- According to Maslow, how do some African Americans feel about Jews? What are the causes of these feelings? Explain them in your own words.
- What are the causes of anti-Black feelings in the Jewish community? What types of actions are these feelings translated into?
- In his speech, Maslow was responding to Jewish fears of Black Anti-Semitism. How might this fear have been used by Jews to cover their own racist feelings?
- Which of the feelings and issues expressed in this document are still relevant today? Which are no longer relevant?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. ""Negro-Jewish Relations in the North" - Discussion Questions." (Viewed on October 10, 2015) <http://jwa.org/node/11988/lightbox2>.