Base your responses to the following discussion questions on both of the documents you just read:
- How have some Jews perceived their history of oppression? How did this shape their relationships with African Americans and the Civil Rights Movement?
- How did American Jews in the era of the Civil Rights Movement (and beyond) try to build a bridge between their experience and the African American experience?
- How have some African Americans perceived their history of oppression? How have they perceived the history of Jewish oppression?
- What issues or challenges do you think might arise between Jews and African Americans as a result of these different viewpoints?
- How would you characterize Jewish/African American relations today? How has examining these documents added to your understanding of this relationship?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Analysis." (Viewed on November 25, 2015) <http://jwa.org/node/11969/lightbox2>.