- What types of roles do you think America had forced Jews to play? In what way does this diminish the Jew (and/or other groups)? To what degree is this still true today?
- How does assimilation or the "melting pot" cut Jews off from their history?
- What do you think the writers mean by "nice Jewish boys and girls"? Do you think this is what Jewish organizations and institutions still want today?
- What do you think the writers have learned from the Civil Rights Movement, and other liberation movements? How have they applied these insights to the Jewish community?
- Do the writers think it's important to work within the Jewish community? Outside of the Jewish community? Or some combination of both? What makes you think that?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Discussion Questions." (Viewed on August 20, 2014) <http://jwa.org/node/11946/lightbox2>.