- Initial assessment/review: Who wrote these letters? When? For what purpose and what audience?
- What are Mrs. L.O.K.'s arguments against integration of schools? What solutions does she suggest?
- What did you learn about Mrs. K.'s background from letter? How do you think her background informed her point of view? What else do you wish you knew about her?
- What is the difference between how Judge Polier views "people" and how Mrs.K. views "people?" How is this difference significant to this case and civil rights in general?
- What did you learn about Judge Polier's background from her letter? How do you think her background informed her point of view in writing this letter? Do you think it also informed the way she ruled in the Skipwith case? If yes, do you think a judge should only take the law and facts in a case into account when making a ruling or should they take other things into account as well?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Discussion Questions." (Viewed on February 27, 2015) <http://jwa.org/node/11816/lightbox2>.