- Review: Who wrote this essay? When? For what purpose and what audience?
- Summarize: What is the problem that Harry Golden wants to help "solve"? What is Golden's "solution"?
- On what does Golden base his "solution"? What disparity is he pointing out? Do you think Southerners were aware of this disparity?
- Based on Golden's essay, how do you think he feels about segregation? What point do you think he is trying to make?
- Why do you think Harry Golden chose to present his views on segregation satirically and not in a more direct essay or article? How, if at all, was your reaction different to his essay than to the other texts we read?
- How do you think Golden's essay might have changed him and/or his world?
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Discussion Questions." (Viewed on July 1, 2015) <http://jwa.org/node/11787/lightbox2>.