JWA News Release: May 7, 2009 - Jewish Mothers - The Way We Were, The Way We Are
Attention Jewish mothers (and those who love them)! In honor of Jewish American Heritage Month and in celebration of Mother's Day, the Jewish Women's Archive is creating Jewish Mothers: The Way We Were, The Way We Are, a special photo collection moderated by JWA on FLICKR (flickr.com).
You can help us build this
collection by contributing one or more digital (or scanned) photos of a Jewish mother in your life or, if you are a Jewish mother, a photo of yourself.
The photo can show a Jewish mother, now or in the past, in any context:
It's up to you. How would you like to represent Jewish mothers?
Upload your photos at
FLICKR.com (quick "how to" guide is below). For questions, please contact Jayne Guberman.
How to Submit Photos for Jewish Mothers: The Way We Were, The Way We Are
Follow these three easy steps to upload your photos to FLICKR:
1. Join FLICKR (accounts are free at http://flickr.com) or, if you already have an account, log in. Then upload the photos you'd like to contribute to your photostream, write a caption (and a description, if you'd like), add tags, and choose a Creative Commons license.*
2. To join JWA's new group:
- Click on the "Groups" link at the top of the page
- Search for Jewish Mothers: The Way We Were, the Way We Are
- Follow the prompts to "join this group"
3. To send your photos to this group, under "Group Pool," click on "Add photos or video." Then click on any photo you've uploaded to your photostream, and then on "add to group." It is now added to our "Jewish Mothers" group.
*When you add a photo to FLICKR, you retain copyright in the image. We encourage you to choose an Attribution Non-Commercial Creative Commons license which allows photos to be shared with proper attribution for non-commercial purposes. You can choose a license by going to your photo page and clicking on "edit" under "Additional Information" on the lower right-hand side of the page. If you prefer, however, you may choose a different permission level. As long as you give permission for the image to be viewed in public, it can be added to our group.Photo: Abby and Rachel, Purim 2009
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "JWA News Release: May 7, 2009 - Jewish Mothers - The Way We Were, The Way We Are." (Viewed on April 28, 2015) <http://jwa.org/news/2009/090507-flickr>.