Sharing Stories Inspiring Change

Share

Pioneer-women-2 - still image

Pioneer-women-2 - still image

The Women's Organization for the Pioneer Women of Palestine was officially founded in 1925. (It changed its name to Pioneer Women in 1939 and is today called Na'amat.) This early photograph of its leaders includes (L to R, standing): Leah Brown, Goldie Meyerson (Golda Meir), Miriam Meltzer and Nina Zuckerman; (seated): Leah Biskin, Rahel Siegel, Fiegel Berkinblitt. Insert: Chaya Ehrenreich.

Institution: Private collection

Related content:

How to cite this page

Jewish Women's Archive. "Pioneer-women-2 - still image." (Viewed on April 18, 2014) <http://jwa.org/media/pioneer-women-2-still-image>.