Barbra's hit album, healthcare reform, and Ruth Reichl's "Gourmet" - Link Roundup Oct 9, 2009
- Barbra Streisand's Love is the Answer is her 9th #1 album on the Billboard charts! [Heeb]
- A "nice Jewish girl" is guarding male, Muslim prisoners at Guantanamo Bay. [Forward]
- Pride, Honor & Courage: This new film focuses on Hartford-area Jewish women during World War II. (Check out JWA's feature on Jewish women in the military)
- Rabbi Linda Motzkin is not your average female Torah scribe. [Forward]
- Bad news: starting Nov 1, all Oklahoma abortions will be made public online. [ThinkProgress] via [Feministing]
- Senators Barbara Mikulski, Barbara Boxer, Patty Murray, Mary Landrieu, Debbie Stabenow, Maria Cantwell, Amy Klobuchar, Jeanne Shaheen, Kay Hagan, and Kirsten Gillibrand are slated to appear on Larry King tonight (9:45pm EST on CNN) to talk about gender inequality in healthcare reform. [Feministe]
- Write an email to your senator or representative demanding that insurance companies no longer be allowed to consider domestic violence a pre-existing condition.
- This is what they are talking about when they say that women's magazines present an "unrealistic images" of women and encourage body image issues and eating disorders. [Shine]
- Good news on the women's magazine front: German magazine bans models, will only feature real women. [Feministing]
- Was the moon raped? [Yo Yenta]
- Devra Ferst laments the closing of Ruth Reichl's Gourmet magazine. [Sisterhood]
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "Barbra's hit album, healthcare reform, and Ruth Reichl's "Gourmet" - Link Roundup Oct 9, 2009." 9 October 2009. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on December 22, 2014) <http://jwa.org/blog/dlr10-9-09>.