February 8, 2010
Link Roundup - Teen dating violence, Rabbis blaming gays, and more
- Jewish education takes on a new flavor at the Jewish Food Education Network. [eJewishPhilanthropy]
- Dan Friedman reviews Off and Running -- the story of an African American girl adopted by Jewish lesbian parents -- in the Forward. JWA co-sponsored a talk called "Who am I anyway?" with director Nicole Opper and Adam Pertman, author of Adoption Nation: How the Adoption Revolution is Transforming America last October. Judith blogged about it here.
- In honor of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, Jewish Women International has partnered with United Synagogue Youth (USY) to get teens talking about healthy relationships. They posted some activities to get the conversation started. [JWI]
- Rabbi Yehuda Levin, the spokesman for the Rabbinical Alliance of America, warns that allowing gay people to serve in the military will cause more natural disasters. He already blamed the earthquake in Haiti on gay people. Yes folks, it's the Jewish Pat Robertson. [Jewschool]
- Fat and Fabulous: Marjorie Ingall profiles plus-size fashionista Deb Malkin and touches on the some of the complexities of the fat acceptance movement. [Tablet]
- A great piece by Jaclyn Friedman about women's "second sex" status at the Superbowl. [Nation]
- Jon Stewart shows us some horrifying anti-semitic children's cartoons from Hamas. [MyJewishLearning]
- Our Bodies, Ourselves is seeking up to 2 dozen women to participate in dicussions that will inform the next edition of the book. [Our Bodies, Ourselves]
- Robin Washington remembers Rosa Parks on her birthday [TCJewfolk]
- Not sure I understand what this is about, but I am intrigued by this "United Jewish Handywomen" apparel. There are also shirts for the "International Order of Challah Makers." [Jewnion]
How to cite this page
Berkenwald, Leah. "Link Roundup - Teen dating violence, Rabbis blaming gays, and more." 8 February 2010. Jewish Women's Archive. (Viewed on May 29, 2015) <http://jwa.org/blog/dlr020810>.