Career and Volunteer Opportunities
A national non-profit organization founded in 1995, the Jewish Women's Archive is devoted to making known the stories, struggles, and achievements of Jewish women in North America in order to enrich the way we understand the past and ensure a more inclusive future. JWA has amassed the most extensive collection of material anywhere on American Jewish women, and has created an increasing demand for its information, resources and services. Its website, which draws more than 1.2 million unique visitors annually, is a destination for people seeking knowledge, a sense of connection and community, and a way to affirm and enhance the legacy of American Jewish women.
JWA has achieved unusually strong levels of support for a young organization. Its Board of Directors consists of women leaders in the fields of education and history as well as visionary philanthropists who have worked to actualize the dream of the founding director. The Board is currently focused on moving JWA into the next phase of organizational strategy and growth. A diverse staff of 10 FTE’s work in a pleasant Brookline neighborhood with easy access to public transportation and affordable parking. Office atmosphere is lively, friendly, and collegial.
The Jewish Women's Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JWA seeks unpaid interns and volunteers during the academic year and/or the summer to work on a variety of tasks, including:
- compiling contact information for education database
- generating content for Facebook and Twitter
- contributing guest posts to JWA blog
- locating and securing permissions for images to be used on jwa.org
- researching and writing new thematic feature(s) for jwa.org.
- assisting with additions to “We Remember” feature
- researching and writing new entries for “This Week in History”
- assisting with development activities, and
- performing general office duties (phone, photocopying, etc.).
- Two + years of post-secondary education
- Availability for at least 8-10 hours/week
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and email; familiarity w/ social media and graphic programs a plus.
Please apply online.
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Career and Volunteer Opportunities." (Viewed on February 28, 2015) <http://jwa.org/aboutjwa/jobs>.