Career and Volunteer Opportunities
A day in the life of the Jewish Women’s Archive finds smart people working together creatively and strategically to promote Jewish women’s stories and voices to a wide audience; to make connections between the past and present in order to inform the future; and to provide young women with strong, accessible role models. We seek creative thinkers who care about history, feminism, Jewish identity, and activism, and are committed to putting their ideas and passions to work for a vibrant organization with a strong mission.
Browse through this site to explore the largest online repository of information on Jewish women in the world. In addition to compiling and making this rich collection of material accessible, JWA also convenes lively conversation and engages people of all backgrounds through its Book Club, widely-read blog, strong social media presence, public programs, and more.
JWA has a small and diverse staff and is headquartered in a pleasant Brookline neighborhood with easy access to public transportation and affordable parking. Our office atmosphere is lively, friendly, and collegial. Join us!
The Jewish Women’s Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager creates, implements, and assesses an integrated social media strategy for showcasing and amplifying the mission and work of the Jewish Women’s Archive (JWA). S/he uses social media to build brand awareness of JWA, deepen target audiences’ engagement with JWA, and convene conversations around topics of interest to Jewish women today. As a member of the Communications team, the Manager also develops content and external communications as needed.
- Create and implement an integrated strategy for social media
- Build online networks to engage wider audiences more deeply with JWA’s mission
- Create content for social media channels that inspires audiences to want to share it with their communities
- Inspire and steward conversations related to JWA’s mission
- Uphold JWA brand and voice on social media platforms
- Promote and share both JWA content and issues in the world related to JWA’s mission
- Work with podcast team on editing and production
- Conceptualize and implement innovative projects that will engage online and offline audiences
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing skills
- 1 to 3 years of social media experience in a professional setting, and familiarity with social media platforms and tools
- Demonstrated creativity in generating original written and visual content
- Ability to build online relationships with other organizations, individuals, and partners
- Commitment to the mission of the Jewish Women’s Archive
- Sensitivity to and awareness of issues around Judaism, gender, history, and social justice
- Interest in and awareness of cultural trends
- Photoshop skills, video editing skills, and familiarity with web content editing all a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be an excellent time-manager
JWA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a collaborative, creative, and fun work environment. The office is located in Brookline, MA, a vibrant area of shops and restaurants, convenient to public transportation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please include the following on JWA’s job application page
- Current resume
- Cover letter with at least two professional references
How to cite this page
Jewish Women's Archive. "Career and Volunteer Opportunities." (Viewed on October 27, 2016) <http://jwa.org/aboutjwa/jobs>.